Concept of CSR
The basis of the management of Toyo Construction is the Management Philosophy laid out in the Management Plan announced in 1979. Observance of the Code of Conduct, which was established in 2005 as the keystone of this Philosophy, is considered to be the path to achievement of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
To further strengthen the relationship between promotion of CSR activities and stakeholders, the Code of Conduct, which is the foundation of that relationship, was reviewed in November 2011, and concept of CSR was established as the Basic CSR Policy of Toyo Construction.
Basic CSR Policy of Toyo Construction
To become a company which is worthy of the trust of all concerned, Toyo Construction aims to practice “Service to customers and the public good” which is part of the Company’s Management Philosophy, devote its efforts construction technologies suited the needs of society as company engaged in construction, and contribute to the creation of social infrastructure of higher quality and value. Observance of the Code of Conduct, based on this Management Philosophy, is the Corporate Social Responsibility of Toyo Construction Co., Ltd. Therefore, in the development of business activities, we voluntarily and proactively promote activities that fulfill our social responsibility from a global viewpoint, which includes protection of the global environment.
Toyo Construction’s Corporate Social Responsibility contributes to the development of a sustainable society by supplying valuable services to society and customers through the development of fair, trustworthy business activities, while continuing to maintain a better relationship with society.
Top management recognizes that the realization of this Basic Policy is its role and sets an example through leadership in line with this Policy, and also ensures dissemination to all concerned in the Company as a whole. Moreover, top management listens to voices inside and outside the Company, and establishes and maintains effective systems in the Company.
Management Philosophy (50 Plan established in 1979, on the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Toyo Construction)
Code of Conduct (Established January 2005, revised August 2014)
To fulfill our Corporate Mission
- 1.Construction activities suited to the requirements of society
- In order to respond quickly and accurately to the needs of society and customers, Toyo Construction will strive to achieve originality and innovation and present creative proposals.
- 2.Securing quality and improvement of construction technologies
- Toyo Construction will gain the satisfaction and trust of customers by improving the quality control system, grappling proactively with the development of advanced technologies, and providing safe, high quality construction products and services.
- 3.Thoroughgoing implementation of public disaster prevention and response to natural disasters
- Toyo Construction will implement thoroughgoing actions to prevent public disasters accompanying construction work. In order to fulfill its social mission as a construction company, Toyo Construction will quickly and systematically implement disaster response activities at the time of earthquakes and other natural disasters, including rescue and relief of disaster victims, securing safety, emergency recovery of disaster-affected structures, etc.
To conduct business activities in a fair and trustworthy manner
- 4.Thoroughgoing compliance with laws, regulations, and similar requirements
- Toyo Construction will comply with the letter and spirit of all relevant laws. We will not engage in any corporate activities contrary to social common sense, and we will conduct our corporate activities with fairness and sincerity.
- 5.Fair bidding and fair competition
- Toyo Construction will not engage in activities contrary to criminal law or antitrust law. We will promote free and fair competition, and we will reject orders that constitute illegal dumping.
- 6.Implementation of an appropriate production system
- In transactions related to business activities, Toyo Construction will implement an appropriate production system, for example, by concluding fair contracts and clearly defining the roles of the parties, etc.
- 7.Elimination of antisocial influences and groups
- Toyo Construction will resolutely confront and reject all relations with antisocial influences and groups that threaten the safety and order of society.
- 8.Securing trustworthiness of corporate accounting and disclosure of information
- Toyo Construction will secure the trustworthiness of financial reports by accurate and appropriate accounting, and will proactively disclose corporate information widely to society, beginning with stakeholders and endeavor to obtain a proper understanding of its business activities.
- 9.Proper relationships with the political and administrative worlds
- Toyo Construction will observe the Public Office Election Law, Political Funds Control Law, and other relevant laws and ordinances, and will maintain a transparent, proper relationship with the political and administrative worlds.
- 10.Protection of intellectual property rights
- Toyo Construction will respect the intellectual property rights of others, and will properly control and protect personal information, etc.
To value people and secure a better relationship with society
- 11.Commitment to management which respects human rights and individuality
- Toyo Construction will respect human rights, eliminate all forms of irrational discrimination, and practice impartial and sincere corporate activities. We will also value our “people,” beginning with engineers and technicians, and strive for human resources development that respects individuality.
- 12.Strengthening of safety and health measures and creation of an attractive labor environment
- To secure the safety and health of persons employed in the construction industry, Toyo Construction will strengthen safety and health measures, and will promote improvement of the workplace environment and labor conditions to create an attractive labor environment.
- 13.Coexistence with society
- Building a good relationship with society is the foundation for the existence of a company. Therefore, Toyo Construction will endeavor to obtain an accurate understanding of the needs of society at all times, and will aim to be an “open company” which is trusted and considered necessary by society. We will also actively develop social contribution activities.
- 14.Environmental protection efforts, etc.
- Toyo Construction will actively grapple with issues such as realizing a low carbon society, protection of biodiversity, etc., and will endeavor to improve construction technologies which are effective for reducing environmental loads and realizing energy saving.
- 15.International cooperation
- In its international business activities, Toyo Construction will respect international rules, the laws and ordinances of all countries and regions, and norms, including human rights. We will also work to deepen mutual understanding by respecting other cultures and customs, and will contribute to the development of all countries and regions.