Super Large-Scale Dynamic Triaxial Testing Apparatus
Today, with the functions of structures becoming increasingly advanced and complex, accumulation of detailed design information on gravel ground during earthquakes is essential from the viewpoint of disaster prevention. Toyo’s Super Large-Scale Dynamic Triaxial Testing Apparatus grasps the static and dynamic properties of gravel and other materials with large grain sizes, and also supports k0 consolidation and arbitrary stress path testing based on evaluations of liquefaction by cyclic triaxial tests. Tests are performed reproducing various stress paths acting on the material by appropriately controlling the axial force and confining pressure, and the results are actively used in design and construction.
- Not only static, but also dynamic cyclic testing is possible.
- Applicable to both saturated and unsaturated soil.
- A hollow cylindrical piston is adopted to enable N value and multicomponent CPT measurements.
- Possible to measure micro strain in the vertical and lateral directions by LDT.
- Axial strain control, axial stress control, stress probe tests, and creep tests are possible.