Land Cement Deep Mixing Construction Method: CDM-Land4 Construction Method
The CDM-Land4 Construction Method greatly improves construction efficiency by realizing 4-shaft simultaneous construction in place of the 2-shaft method that was the basis of conventional CDM (concrete deep mixing) technologies, including the design method, principle of construction, and other processes in those methods. As a result, CDM-Land4 makes it possible to achieve high site efficiency, shorten the construction period, and reduce construction costs. Mixing efficiency is also overwhelmingly superior because driving and mixing of the 4-shaft machine are performed simultaneously. As a result, formation of high quality improved ground can be expected.
- Shortening of the construction period can be expected due to the large improvement area with 4-shaft simultaneous construction. Construction period can be shortened drastically because of earlier development of improvement hardening.
- Costs can be reduced, because it is possible to perform the work of two 2-shaft machines with one CDM machine.
- Because 4 shafts perform mixing as a single unit, mixing efficiency is high and deviations are small, enabling high quality improved ground construction.
- When using an extendable rod, required setting time of the machine can be reduced to 1/4 to 1/6 that with the conventional section-joining method. As a result, shortening of the construction period can be expected in deep construction.
- The distance between the 4 shafts is adjustable in the range of 0.8m to 1.5m, enabling a wide range of improvement shapes, including block construction, lapped circle construction, pile construction, etc.